Here are a few of the books I have read recently and love! These are my top picks! It was actually hard to choose!
- Angel Fall by Susan Ee- SO good! This is actually a trilogy and I read them all!
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir- Wow! This is a new book that will be a series. I was hesitant to read it because the author is relatively unknown…but I am on pins and needles waiting for the next book now!
- The Many Lives & Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. by Sandra Gulland – I am not a huge fan of historical fiction, or the French Revolution, or even Napoleon, but THIS book, ya’ll! Oh my word! SO good. Josephine is fascinating in this book. I had no idea how interesting she was. You totally get sucked into her world. The book is pricey, but worth every penny.
- The Beautiful and The Cursed– By Page Morgan- This is another trilogy ( I am seeing a pattern here). I loved this book. It is a little dark and Gothic, which normally does not interest me. The story line was inventive though! I totally pre-ordered the rest of the trilogy, which are now all available.
I don’t generally keep to read list, which is kinda of odd for someone who loves books as much as I do. I guess I read too fast before moving on to the next book! Here are a few I do want to read!
- House of Ivy and Sorrow interested me. It was on my Amazon Recommends list and I liked the cover. I am a magpie for interesting! LOL!
- Guided Math by Laney Sammons- I think I may have read this book awhile back, but I am doing some presentations on Guided Math and wanted to brush up on the research for the framework.
- The Last Great Dance on Earth– This is the last book in the Josephine trilogy from above. I am in the middle of the second one right now and can’t wait to see how her life plays out!
That is what I am reading right now! Want to link up? Go hop over to Lucky to Be in First and join in on the fun!
Mandy Gregory is a 2007 and 2012 Teacher of the Year. She has taught 4th, 3rd, and 2nd grade in both the general education and inclusion setting. She is the owner and creator of the Teaching Tips website (www.mandygregory.com) and has over 10 years of experience. She is married with two beautiful children.